- Calvin, John (see Genevan Psalter)
- Doddridge, Philip [DNB]
- English Hymnal, Musical Preface by Ralph Vaughan-Williams
- Genevan Psalter, Preface by John Calvin
- Hymns and Spiritual Songs (see Watts, Isaac)
- Montgomery, James
- Montgomery, James [DNB]
- The Christian Psalmist, Preface by James Montgomery
- Neale, John Mason [DNB]
- Newton, John
- Newton, John [DNB]
- Newton, John [DH]
- Olney Hymns [DH]
- Olney Hymns (See Newton, John)
- Psalms of David Imitated (see Watts, Isaac)
- Vaughan-Williams, Ralph (see English Hymnal)
- Waring, Anna [DH, et al]
- Watts, Isaac
- Watts, Isaac [DNB]
- Psalms of David Imitated, Preface by Isaac Watts
- Hymns and Spiritual Songs, Preface by Isaac Watts
- Wesley, Charles [DNB]
- Wesley, John [DNB]
- Winkworth, Catherine and Susanna
- Winkworth, Catherine and Susanna [DNB]
- Winkworth, Catherine and Susanna: Biography, Genealogy, Bibliography
- [DH]: Julian, ed. A Dictionary of Hymnology, New York:
Charles Scribner's Sons, 1892.
- [DNB]: Dictionary of National Biography
The EEE is a collection of public-domain articles.
Its planned foci are:
- Subject: Anything related to material in the
Christian Classics Ethereal Library.
- Form: Biographical articles, or introductions to works.
- Length: Several thousand words or so (comfortably fitting on a single scrollable page of text.)
- Source: Published authorititative material that has entered the public
domain (e.g., by being first published in the United States before 1923.)
The EEE welcomes contributions. Material will be published
in HTML form, but can be submitted in any format readily convertable to ASCII
text. Please include information on the source, so copyright can be checked.
It should be possible to add new articles very quickly.
You may freely link to, or republish, material from the EEE,
but note: index pages (this page and the author indexes) have stable URLs;
individual articles may move as this material is more fully integrated
into the CCEL.
Material can be sent to hplantin at calvin dot edu (obviously converting to
normal e-mail address syntax).
I can be contacted through Open Directory Project editor