- Sinners in the Hands of an
- Deuteronomy 32:35 -- Their foot shall slide in due time.
- A Divine and
- Matthew 16:17 -- And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed
art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it
unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
- Christ's Agony
- Luke 22:44 -- And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly, and
his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the
- God's Sovereignty in the
Salvation of Men
- Romans 9:18 -- Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have
mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
- God Glorified in Man's
- 1 Corinthians 1:29, 30, 31 -- That no flesh should glory in his
presence. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto
us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
that, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in
- True Saints, When
Absent from the Body, are Present with the Lord
- 2 Corinthians v. 3 -- We are confident, I say, and willing rather
to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
- The Importance and
Advantage of a Thorough Knowledge of Divine Truth.
- Hebrews 5:12 -- For when, for the time, ye ought to be teachers,
ye have need that one teach you again which be the first
principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need
of milk, and not of strong meat.
- The Excellency of
- Revelation 5:5-6 --
And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of
the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the
book, and to loose the seven seals thereof. And I beheld, and, lo,
in the midst of the throne, and of the four beasts, and in the
midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain.
- Wicked Men Useful in
Their Destruction Only
- Ezekiel 15:2-4 -- Son of man, What is the vine tree more than
any tree? Or than a branch which is among the trees of the
forest? Shall wood be taken thereof to do any work? Or will men
take a pin of it to hang any vessel thereon? Behold, it is cast
into the fire for fuel; The fire devoureth both the ends of it,
and the midst of it is burnt: Is it meet for any work?
- The Vain Self
Flatteries of the Sinner
- Psalm 36:2 -- For he flattereth himself in his own eyes, until
his iniquity be found to be hateful.
- The Future Punishment of
- Ezekiel 22:14 -- Can thine heart endure, or can thine hands be
strong in the days that I shall deal with thee? I the Lord save
spoken it, and will do it.
- Hypocrites Deficient
in the Duty of Prayer
- Job 27:10 -- Will he always call upon God?
- The Justice of God in the
Damnation of Sinners
- Romans 3:19 -- That every mouth may be stopped.
- Christian Knowledge
- Hebrews 5:12 -- For Then for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye
have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of
the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not
of strong meat.
- The Manner in Which the
Salvation of the Soul is to be Sought
- Genesis 6:22 -- Thus did Noah; according to all that God
commanded him, so did he.
- Safety, Fulness, and Sweet
Refreshment in Christ
- Isaiah 32:2 -- And a man shall be as an hiding-place from the
wind, and a covert from the tempest; as rivers of water in a dry
place, as the shadow of a great rock in a weary land.
- Pardon for the Greatest
- Psalm 25:11 -- For thy name's sake, O Lord, pardon my iniquity;
for it is great.
- Pressing Into The
Kingdom of God
- Luke 16:16 -- The law and the prophets were until John; since
that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into
- Many Mansions
- John 14:2 -- In My Father's house are many mansions.
Several of these sermons have been read by Ruth Lomas and are
available in MP3 format.