COMMENTARIES ON THE
EPISTLE OF ST. PAUL TO THE ROMANS.
1. Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,
1. Paulus, servus Iesu Christi, vocatus Apostolus, selectus in Evangelium Dei,
2. (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)
2. Quod ante promiserat per Prophetas suos in Scripturis Sanctis,
3. Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh,
3. De Filio suo, qui factus est è semine David secundum carnem,
4. And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:
4. Declaratus Filius Dei in potentia, per Spiritum sanctificationis, ex resurrectione mortuorum, Iesu Christo Domino nostro:
5. By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations for his name;
5. Per quem accepimus gratiam et Apostolatum, in obedientiam fidei inter omnes gentes, pro nomine ipsius;
6. Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:
6. Inter quas estis etiam vos, vocati Iesu Christi:
7. To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
7. Omnibus qui Romæ estis, dilectis Deo, vocatis sanctis: gratia vobis, et pax a Deo Patre nostro, et Domino Iesu Christo.