- And seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat
our own bread, and wear our own raiment: only let thy name be called
upon us, and take away our reproach.
- And in that day God shall shine gloriously in counsel on the
earth, to exalt and glorify the remnant of Israel.
- And it shall be, that the remnant left in Sion, and the
remnant left in Jerusalem, even all that are [a] appointed to life in Jerusalem, shall be
- For the Lord shall wash away the filth of the sons and daughters
of Sion, and shall purge out the blood from the midst of them, with
the spirit of judgment, and the spirit of burning.
- And he shall come, and it shall be with regard to every place of
mount Sion, yea, all the region round about it shall a cloud
overshadow by day, and there shall be as it were the smoke
and light of fire burning by night: and upon all the glory shall be a
- And it shall be for a shadow from the heat, and as a shelter and a
hiding-place from inclemency of weather and from rain.
[a] Gr. written for life.
[English translation of the Septuagint by Sir Lancelot Charles Lee
Brenton (1807-1862) originally published by Samuel Bagster & Sons,
Ltd., London, 1851]