World Wide Study Bible
a Bible passage
40, 41. There were ten temptations (Nu 14:22).
turned—be for turning back, or to denote repetition of offense.
43. wrought—set or held forth.
45. The dog-fly or the mosquito.
46. caterpillar—the Hebrew name, from its voracity, and that of—
locust—from its multitude.
47, 48. The additional effects of the storm here mentioned (compare Ex 9:23-34) are consistent with Moses' account.
48. gave … cattle—literally, "shut up" (compare Ps 31:8).
49. evil angels—or, "angels of evil"—many were perhaps employed, and other evils inflicted.
50, 51. made a way—removed obstacles, gave it full scope.
Ham—one of whose sons gave name (Mizraim, Hebrew) to Egypt.
52-54. made his … forth—or, brought them by periodical journeys (compare Ex 15:1).
54. border of his sanctuary—or, "holy border"—i. e., region of which—
purchased—or, "procured by His right hand" or power (Ps 60:5).
55. by line—or, the portion thus measured.
divided them—that is, the heathen, put for their possessions, so tents—that is, of the heathen (compare De 6:11).