Prayer 101- The Basic Principles of a Prayer; A study
The basic principles Jesus gives us are in Mat. 6:6(NIV) -"But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."
Here we see five (5) principles for a prayer.
1. Make time to pray - "when you pray"
2. Have a place to pray - "go into your room"
3. Have privacy - "close the door"
4. Pray to God only - "pray to your Father" (Specific Person-why? People pray to other idols and gods). "Our Father in Heaven" Matthew 6:9
5. God will answer prayer - "Then your Father will reward you"
We should consider Jesus Christ lessons about prayer very carefully. The verse of Mat 6:6 Jesus' teaches us that to conduct our personal prayer is simple and concise. He teaches the necessity to bring our request to God, and assures us His willingness to hear and answer our prayers.
Jesus later said to His disciples in John 16:24 - "Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete."
On my next post I will discuss the questions many people have "What God expect from our prayers".
Your Brother in Christ
Follow me at Twitter.com/prayerlighthous