(whom Jehovah gave), a name of which John is the contraction.
- A Korhite Levite, one of the doorkeepers to the tabernacle. (1 Chronicles 26:3) comp. 1Chr 25:1 (B.C. 1014.)
- One of the principal men of Judah under King Jehoshaphat. (2 Chronicles 17:15) comp. 2Chr 17:13 and 2Chr 17:19 (B.C. 910.)
- Father of Ishmael, one of the “captains of hundreds” whom Jehoiada the priest took into his confidence about the restoration
of the line of Judah. (2 Chronicles 23:1) (B.C. 910.)
- One of the Bene-Bebai who was forced to put away his foreign wife. (Ezra 10:28) (B.C. 459.)
- A priest, (Nehemiah 12:13) during the high priesthood of Joiakim. ver. (Nehemiah 12:12) (B.C. 406.)
- A priest who took part in the dedication of the wall of Jerusalem. (Nehemiah 12:42) (B.C. 446.)