(whom God restores).
- A priest in the time of King David eleventh in the order of the “governors” of the sanctuary. (1 Chronicles 24:12)
- One of the latest descendants of the royal family of Judah. (1 Chronicles 3:24)
- High priest at Jerusalem at the time of the rebuilding of the walls under Nehemiah. (Nehemiah 3:1,20,21) (B.C. 446.)
- A singer in the time of Ezra who had married a foreign wife. (Ezra 10:24)
- A son of Zattu, (Ezra 10:27) and
- A son of Bani, (Ezra 10:36) both of whom had transgressed in the same manner. (B.C. 458.)