(my strength is God).
- Fourth son of Kohath, father of Mishael, Eizaphan or Elizaphan and Zithri, and uncle to Aaron. (Exodus 6:18,22; Leviticus 10:4) (B.C. before 1491.)
- A Simeonite captain, son of Ishi, in the days of Hezekiah. (1 Chronicles 4:42)
- Head of a Benjamite house, of the sons of Bela. (1 Chronicles 7:7) (B.C. 1706.)
- A musician, of the sons of Heman in David’s reign. (1 Chronicles 25:4)
- A Levite, of the sons of Jeduthun, in the days of Hezekiah. (2 Chronicles 29:14,18) (B.C. 726.)
- Son of Harhaiah, probably a priest in the days of Nehemiah, who took part in repairing the wall. (Nehemiah 3:8) (B.C. 446.) He is described as “of the goldsmiths,” i.e. of those priests whose hereditary office it was to repair or make
the sacred vessels.