Azareel, Or Azareel
(whom the Lord helps).
- A Korhite who joined David in his retreat at Ziklag. (1 Chronicles 12:6) (B.C. 1060.)
- A Levite musician of the family of Heman in the time of David, (1 Chronicles 25:18) called Uzziel in (1 Chronicles 25:4) (B.C. 1050.)
- Son of Jeroham, and prince of the tribe of Dan when David numbered the people. (1 Chronicles 27:22)
- One of the sons of Bani, who put away his foreign wife on the remonstrance of Ezra. (Ezra 10:41) (B.C. 459.)
- Father or ancestor of Maasiai, or Amashai, a priest who dwelt in Jerusalem after the return from Babylon. (Nehemiah 11:13) comp. 1Chr 9:12 (B.C. about 440.)