Abijah Or Abijam
(my father is Jehovah).
- Son and successor of Rehoboam on the throne of Judah. (1 Kings 4:21; 2 Chronicles 12:16) He is called Abia, Abiah, Or Abijah in Chronicles, Abijam in Kings. He began to reign B.C. 959, and reigned three years. He endeavored to recover the kingdom of the Ten Tribes, and
made war on Jeroboam. He was successful in battle, and took several of the cities of Israel. We are told that he walked in
all the sins of Rehoboam. (1 Kings 14:23,24)
- The second son of Samuel, called Abia, Abiah, Or Abijah, Abia, Course OfH in our version. [Abia, Course Of, Abia, Abiah, Or Abijah, Abia, Course OfH, No. 3]
- Son of Jeroboam I., king of Israel; died in his childhood. (1 Kings 14:1) ...
- A descendant of Eleazar, who gave his name to the eighth of the 24 courses into which the priests were divided by David. (1 Chronicles 24:10; 2 Chronicles 8:14; Nehemiah 12:4,17)
- One of the priests who entered into a covenant with Nehemiah to walk in God’s law, (Nehemiah 10:7) unless the name is rather that of a family, and the same with the preceding.