Mills, Henry, a Presbyterian preacher and
professor of theology, was born at Morristown,
N. J., March 12, 1786. He was educated
at Princeton, graduating in 1802.
After teaching a number of years, he was
ordained pastor of a Presbyterian Church
at Woodbridge, N. J., in 1816. When the
Auburn Theological Seminary was opened
in 1821, he was chosen Professor of Biblical
Criticism and Oriental Languages, a position
that he held until 1854. A volume of
his translations of German hymns was published
in 1845 under the title Horae Germanicae.
He died June 10, 1867.
|Near the cross was Mary weeping