Table of Contents
On Select Passages of Scripture
On Occasional Subjects.
New-Year, before sermons
7. Now, gracious Lord, thine arm reveal
8. Bestow, dear Lord, upon our youth
9. Now may fervent prayer arise
10. When Peter through the tedious night
11. Sin has undone our wretched race
12. Gracious Lord, our children see
13. The Shunemite, oppressed with grief
14. Does it not grief, and wonder move
15. Preachers may, from Ezekiel’s case
16. When Moses waved his mystic rod
17. The God who once to Israel spoke
18. O Thou, at whose almighty word
19. Elisha, struck with grief and awe
New-Year, after sermons
20. O David’s Son, and David’s Lord!
21. Let us adore the grace that seeks
22. Jesus, who bought us with his blood
23. Ensnared, too long, my heart has been
24. Zion! the city of our God
25. Beneath the tyrant Satan’s yoke
26. What contradictions meet
27. Thy message, by the preacher, seal
28. When Paul was parted from his friends
29. Alas! by nature how depraved
30. See, how rude winter’s icy hand
31. Though cloudy skies, and northern blasts
32. Bleak winter is subdued at length
33. Pleasing spring again is here!
34. Though the morn may be serene
35. The grass, and flow’rs, which clothe the field
36. See! the corn again in ear!
The Close of the Year.
On The Scripture.
Contents of the second Book
On the Spiritual Life.