IX. In Macedonia
- Amphipolis: Thirty-three miles from Philippi, and three miles from the Ægean Sea, visited by Paul (Acts 17:1).
- Apollonia: A city thirty miles from Amphipolis, where Paul remained one day (Acts 17:1).
- Berea: A small city on the eastern side of Mount Olympus, where Paul preached, and where the people examined the Scriptures to see
if his preaching was true (Acts 17:10–13).
- Philippi: A flourishing city nine miles from the Ægean Sea, celebrated as the first foothold of the gospel in Europe (Acts 16:12–40).
- Thessalonica: At the head of the Thermaic Gulf; an important commercial centre, and the scene of Paul's labor (Acts 17:1–9).