Second Part - Continued.
First Book - Continued
Chapter I. The Doctrine of the Homousia of the Son of God with God Himself.
1. From the Beginning of the Controversy to the Council of Nicæa
2. To the Death of Constantius.
3. To the Councils of Constantinope 381. 383.
Chapter II. The Doctrine of the Perfect Likeness of the Nature of the Incarnate Son of God with that of Humanity.
Chapter III. The Doctrine of the Personal Union of the Divine and the Human Natures in the Incarnate Son of God.
1. The Nestorian Controversy.
2. The Eutychian Controversy.
3. The Monophysite Controversies and the Fifth Council.
4. The Monergist and Monothelite Controversies. The Sixth Council and Johannes Damascenus.
Chapter IV. The Mysteries and Kindred Subjects.
Chapter V. Appendix.—Sketch of the History of the Genesis of the Orthodox System.
Index of Scripture References
Greek Words and Phrases
Latin Words and Phrases
French Words and Phrases
Index of Pages of the Print Edition