A number of translations from the Fathers have
already been published by the S.P.C.K. under the
title “Early Church Classics.” It is now
proposed to enlarge this series to include texts which
are neither “early” nor necessarily
“classics.” The divisions at present proposed
are given below. Volumes belonging to the original
series are marked with an asterisk.
SERIES I.—GREEK TEXTS.
- *The Epistle of St. Clement, Bishop of Rome. By the
Rt. Rev. J. A. F. Gregg, D.D. 1s. 3d.
- *Clement of Alexandria: Who is the Rich Man that is
being saved? By P. M. Barnard, B.D. 1s. 3d.
- *St. Chrysostom: On the Priesthood. By T. A. Moxon. 2s.
- *The Doctrine of the Twelve Apostles. By C. Bigg, D.D.
- *The Epistle to Diognetus. By the Rt. Rev. L. B.
Radford, D.D. 1s. 6d.
- St. Dionysius of Alexandria. By C. L. Feltoe, D.D.
- *The Epistle of the Gallican Churches: Lugdunum and
Vienna. With an Appendix containing Tertullian’s
Address to Martyrs and the Passion of St. Perpetua.
By T. H. Bindley, D.D. 1s. 3d.
- *St. Gregory of Nyssa: The Catechetical Oration. By the
Ven. J. H. Srawley, D.D. 2s.
- *St. Gregory of Nyssa: The Life of St. Macrina. By
W. K. Lowther Clarke, B.D. 1s. 3d.
- *Gregory Thaumaturgus (Origen the Teacher): the Address
of Gregory to Origen, with Origen’s Letter to Gregory.
By W. Metcalfe, B.D. 1s. 6d.
- *The Shepherd of Hermas. By C. Taylor, D.D. 2 vols.
- *The Epistles of St. Ignatius. By the Ven. J. H. Srawley,
D.D. 2 vols. 1s. 3d. each.
- *St. Irenaeus: Against the Heresies. By F. R. M.
Hitchcock, D.D. 2 vols. 2s. each.
- Palladius: The Lausiac History. By W. K. Lowther
- *St. Polycarp. By B. Jackson. 1s. 3d.
SERIES II.—LATIN TEXTS.
- *St. Augustine: The City of God. By F. R. M. Hitchcock,
D.D. 1s. 6d.
- *St. Cyprian: The Lord’s Prayer. By T. H. Bindley, D.D.
- Minucius Felix: The Octavius. By J. H. Freese.
- *Tertullian: On the Testimony of the Soul and On the
Prescription of Heretics. By T. H. Bindley, D.D. 2s.
- *St. Vincent of Lerins: The Commonitory. By T. H.
Bindley, D.D. 2s.
SERIES III.—LITURGICAL TEXTS.
Edited by C. L. FELTOE, D.D.
- St. Ambrose: On the Mysteries and on the Sacraments.
By T. Thompson, B.D.
- *The Apostolic Constitution and Cognate Documents, with
special reference to their Liturgical elements. By De
Lacy O’Leary, D.D. 1s. 3d.
- *The Liturgy of the Eighth Book of the Apostolic Constitution,
commonly called the Clementine Liturgy.
By R. H. Cresswell. 1s. 6d.
- The Pilgrimage of Etheria. By M. L. McClure.
- *Bishop Sarapion’s Prayer-Book. By the Rt. Rev. J.
Wordsworth, D.D. 1s. 6d.