- For, behold, a day comes burning as an oven, and it shall consume
them; and all the aliens, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble:
and the day that is coming shall set them on fire, saith the Lord
Almighty, and there shall not be left of them root or branch.
- But to you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise,
and healing shall be in his wings: and ye shall go forth, and
bound as young calves let loose from bonds.
- And ye shall trample the wicked; for they shall be ashes
underneath your feet in the day which I appoint, saith the Lord
- And, behold, I will send to you Elias the Thesbite, before the
great and glorious day of the Lord comes;
- [a] who shall turn again the heart of
the father to the son, and the heart of a man to his neighbour, lest I
come and smite the earth grievously.
- Remember the law of my servant Moses, accordingly as I charged him
with it in Choreb for all Israel, even the
commandments and ordinances.
[a] Luke 1. 17.
[English translation of the Septuagint by Sir Lancelot Charles Lee
Brenton (1807-1862) originally published by Samuel Bagster & Sons,
Ltd., London, 1851]