[The Holy Bible |
The Epistle Dedicatorie. |
Translators to the Reader. |
Table and Kalender |
Names and order of all the Bookes]
- Chap. 1
- 1 Tobit his stocke, and deuotion in his youth, 9 His marriage, 10
And captiuitie, 13 His preferment, 16 Almes and charitie in burying
the dead, 19 For which he is accused and flieth, 22 And after
returneth to Niniue.
- Chap. 2
- 1 Tobit leaueth his meate to bury the dead, 10 and becommeth
blinde. 11 His wife taketh in worke to get her liuing. 14 Her husband
and she fall out about a kidde.
- Chap. 3
- 1 Tobit grieued with his wiues taunts, prayeth. 11 Sara reproched
by her fathers maides, prayeth also. 17 An Angel is sent to helpe them
- Chap. 4
- 3 Tobit giueth instructions to his sonnes Tobias, 20 and telleth
him of money left with Gabael in Media.
- Chap. 5
- 4 Yong Tobias seeketh a guide into Media. 6 The Angel will goe
with him, 12 and saith he is his kinseman. 16 Tobias and the Angel
depart together. 17 But his mother is grieued for her sonnes
- Chap. 6
- 4 The Angel biddeth Tobias to take the liuer, heart and gall out
of a fish, 10 And to marry Sara the daughter of Raguel; 16 And
teacheth how to driue the wicked spirit away.
- Chap. 7
- 11 Raguel telleth Tobias what had happened to his daughter: 12 and
giueth her in marriage vnto him. 17 She is conueyed to her chamber,
and weepeth. 18 Her mother coforteth her.
- Chap. 8
- 3 Tobias driueth the wicked spirit away, as hee was taught. 4 He
and his wife ries vp to pray. 10 Raguel thought he was dead: 15 But
finding him aliue, praiseth God, 12 and maketh a wedding feast.
- Chap. 9
- 1 Tobias sendeth the Angel vnto Gabael for the money. 6 The Angel
bringeth it, and Gabael to the wedding.
- Chap. 10
- 1 Tobit and his wife long for their sonne. 7 She will not be
comforted by her husband. 10 Raguel sendeth Tobias and his wife away,
with halfe their goods, 12 and blesseth them.
- Chap. 11
- 6 Tobits mother spieth her sonne comming. 10 His father meeteth
him at the doore, and recouereth his sight. 14 Hee praiseth God, 17
And welcommeth his daughter in Lawe.
- Chap. 12
- 5 Tobit offereth halfe to the Angel for his paines; 6 But he
calleth them both aside, and exhorteth them, 15 and telleth them that
he was an Angel, 21 and was seene no more.
- Chap. 13
- The thankesgiuing vnto God, which Tobit wrote.
- Chap. 14
- 3 Tobit giueth instructions to his sonne, 8 Specially to leaue
Nineue. 11 Hee and his wife die, and are buried. 12 Tobias remoueth to
Ecbatane, 14 and there died, after hee had heard of the destruction of